November 10, 2013 in LOOKBOOK
I guess the holidays are coming up already (who knew?). I get to work on every single holiday this year. Drew the short straw or something. I’m not the type of person that lives for the holidays or anything, but I do appreciate family time, which I’ll be missing out on this year. So, instead of feeling sorry for myself, I’m going to focus on the good things. You know, the things we forget to be thankful for. Feel free to comment about the things you’re appreciate of, too!
- Warm coats! I’m one of those people that is always cold. I keep my tiny studio at 74 degrees and I still need to be wrapped up in a blanket! I remember always being cold outside in the winter, regardless of my outerwear. Until I bought this Arcteryx coat three years ago. It has changed my life (sounds ridiculous but I’m totally not kidding!). It is the only thing I’ve ever worn that has prevented me from being instantly chilled in the negative temps. I just purchased the exact same coat again this year because my old one is starting to look quite grungy.
- My cats I love my fluffy, kinda cute fur-balls. They’re the most affectionate, cuddly little things ever. And they’re healthy. Well, other than the occasional fancy feast-induced diarrhea.
- Yoga. I’ve been doing yoga off and on since college, but I’m finally getting the mental benefits on top of the physical ones. I struggle to clear my mind of the racing thoughts that we all get. But with practice, its getting easier.
- Food blogs. Seriously, those guys are amazing! I love Skinnytaste, Closet Cooking, Detoxinista, The Picky Eater, and soooo many more. Do share your favorites with me if you’re a foodie, too!
- Small feet. Fitting into kid-sized shoes is awesome. A lot of the basic stuff, like Ugg boots (thanks for that tip, btw!), are way cheaper than their adult counterparts. Saving some money is always nice.
- Sephora’s VIB sale! I always splurge on new cosmetics during their annual 20% off sale (and don’t even look throughout the rest of the year, promise). Trying new cosmetics makes me so excited! Its superficial, but so what? This year I picked up some stunning nail polish colors (true red, ivory, light peachy nude, and lilac mauve). I’m also trying some “radiant” tinted moisturizer, “illuminating” foundation and skin perfecter to see if any of them are worthy of making it into my daily skincare regimen. I love Sephora for their return policy, so anything I don’t love goes back!
Hope your Monday gets off to a good start! Again, feel free to share the things that you’re happy or excited about