Hi there! Thank you for stopping by my blog! I’ve been blogging for the past few years and I still have a hard time figuring out what to write on this page! I always start off with the basics: My name is Amber. I’m 29. I was born and raised in Wisconsin and I moved to Minnesota in 2013 for my internal medicine residency training. Residency was a busy, stressful and emotional time. And while I’m extremely satisfied with the training I got, I’m also extremely happy its over! I finally starting to get my life back. I’d be happy to answer questions about medical school or residency if you have any, don’t hesitate to ask anything!
Let’s see. Other things about me…
- I’m currently pregnant with my first baby! Its a girl 🙂 Ben and I also have two cats and a dog.
- I love working out… or at least I love what it does for my body and mind. I prioritize working out every day (or at least 5/7!).
- Learning about Buddhism, yoga and mindfulness has been a passion of mine for years… and is a serious work in progress.
- Money and finance is another one of my interests. Its so important, but not super exciting to learn about.
- I’m obsessed with Indian food. And wine (miss it). And coffee.
- I like traveling, but I also love to be at home! I miss home when I’m away.
- Tidbits from childhood: I’m the middle child. I have an older brother and a younger sister. And a million pets of all varieties. Both my parents worked and I went to daycare. I played soccer (from age 6 to college) and dabbled with swimming, gymnastics and volleyball. I went to public school and was a bit of a slacker until my last year of high school.
Like I say often, thanks for stopping by this blog and spending some time here. It means a lot to me. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!