Birkenstock Sandals. They’ve always been around, I suppose. I remember them from when I was a kid… I saw them everywhere in the summer (I remember my nanny had a pair she wore constantly!!). And then something happened, and they vanished (only to be seen on the down-to-earth, chic, I-don’t-care-what’s-in ladies). But now they’re back. J. Crew’s advertising them hard… maybe somebody owns stock or something. Something like 4/10 of their lookbook outfits feature them! That’s quite a few.
- Sizing: Make sure you get the right size and don’t get them too small! I’m a tts 6 and have to get a 37 for the proper fit.
- Fit: These come in different widths. The regular version is pretty wide and could accommodate a wider foot. On me they look slightly bulkier than I’d prefer. If you’re narrow or regular width, go with narrow.
- Comfort: To be honest, I thought I’d find these more comfortable. The buckle area closer to my toes starts to rub on the outside top of my foot after only a short time. I don’t know if they need to be broken in? Maybe I just have really sensitive feet post-winter.
- Price: Gah, are these expensive! $130 for a pair of sandals is a lot to ask. I suppose if they last for years like my other Birkenstocks they would make up for that.
- Look: These look ok. They’re not sleek and beautiful by any means, but they’re functional for every day wear, and work with my dressed-down look that I do too often now-a-days. Sincerely Jules is quite adorable in hers…