If you remember, way back at the beginning of the month I suggested we challenge ourselves to control our shopping habits (with a $50 VISA gift card incentive). I gave myself a goal of purchasing no more than 4 items in the entire month. Well, here’s what happened:
- Purchase number one is the beautiful Kate Spade Lollipop pumps in black suede. They’re “classic with a twist.” I was surprised to be able to walk in them for 4 hours straight without any blisters or rubbing. The ball of my foot did start to ache, but its probably due to being out of practice with wearing heels. Overall, I’m very satisfied with these. I got them from Amazon for $110 (and they’re still left in a few sizes at $92)
- For purchase number two I picked up the Burberry Brit Metallic Packaway Anorak from eBay (worn here and here). It was still expensive, but I love it. The color is so unique and the over-sized fit is perfect for casual summer wear (with the sleeves buttoned up), or layering over a chunky sweater for the fall. I paid $405.
- After I fell in love with that Anorak, I was obsessed with finding a beige Burberry trench. After being unsuccessful with this one and this one, I drove to the Chicago Burberry store and finally found the one. It’s currently getting its sleeves shortened and will soon be on the way to me. I can’t wait for it to get here! The total cost was $995 (Ouch… And that’s why I continue to sell things).
- A simple summer-weight cotton cardigan became purchase number four. I’ve been waiting for this Inhabit cardigan to be cheap enough to justify, and it finally hit that point. I’ve already worn it a few times. Its perfect to throw over anything in the summer (like this)! I actually love its mucky brown color, haha! I paid $35 for it (with code elegance).
- Yeah, this post should be completed now. But its not. I gave in to the Memorial Day J. Crew sale and got their cropped matchstick jeans in mineral gray. It was the last time that I’ll get away with using my student discount! I don’t regret this purchase. They’ll get a lot of use. They were $50.
Number of May Wardrobe Additions: 5
Total Money Spent in May: $1595 (yikes)
If you want to share what you’ve purchases in May and be entered to win the $50 VISA gift card, be sure to review the guidelines HERE 🙂 I’d love to hear about it! If you’re interested in doing a guest post on my blog about your budgeting for fashion purchases, send me an email or fill out a contact form. Thanks!!