Sephora has F&F sales every spring and fall. Unfortunately, the discount was decreased to 15% from the former 20% (code: CHIC for VIB’s), plus cashback from rebate sites. But because of their wonderful return-anything policy, I still shop there for most of my cosmetics. I return what I don’t use within 60 days. Consequently, I use nearly 100% of what I keep, making the prices justifiable.
- YSL Creme de Blush in Velvety Peach (5/5) – [cc_blockquote_right]I put this and a little undereye concealer on when I don’t want to take time to do my makeup[/cc_blockquote_right]This is the most amazing creme blush. I first bought it during the last F&F sale. I was instantly impressed. I use two fingers to dot this on each cheek and spread it around. The color looks smooth and totally natural. The tiny container has lasted me six months with a few times/ week usage.
- Nars Blush in Deep Throat (5/5) – This is my go-to powder blush. I’ve been using this color for years because its natural looking without any sparkle (I have 7 other colors, too). Stays on all day. Lasts about 6+ months with regular use.
- Hourglass Hidden Corrective Concealer in Pearl (4/5) – [cc_blockquote_right]Not perfect, but really good[/cc_blockquote_right]I have a huge problem finding concealers that cover my dark circles. This one doesn’t cover them 100%, but I do really like it. The pearl color does a great job lightening up my blue-purple circles while brightening the area and looking natural. It doesn’t look cake-y or crease much at all.
- Shiseido Natural Finish Cream Concealer in Light (3/5) – Maybe I picked up the wrong color, but light is really light. Its thick and covers well, buts its really hard to spread for me. I felt like I was tugging on my skin! I’ll probably try it with a few different undereye creams, but I think its going back.
- Korres Lip Butter in Mango (4/5) – These are adorable! The color is subtle and sheer and the smell is lovely, especially since I’m having a mango obsession right now. The containers are a little small, but I only use a very tiny bit at a time. Not sure how long they’ll last.
- Dior Addict Lip Maximizer High Volume Lip Plumper (4/5) – I’ve been using this for years. I don’t see much of a pluming effect but I still love the slight tingle and the beautiful sheer pink color. Its my go-to gloss and lasts for about six months with regular use.
- Dior Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm (2/5) – I honestly have no idea why this has such great reviews. I typically think Dior products are worth the money, but not this time. If you’re willing to spend almost $30 on a nice balm that smells like rose, this is the one for you. It doesn’t plump or deliver any real color. It’ll probably last a long time, though, and its nice and moisturizing.
- Dior Instant Gentle Exfoliant with Pure Lily Extract (5/5) – [cc_blockquote_right]If you’re looking for a non-irritating exfoliant, try this one [/cc_blockquote_right]I buy one or two new masks/ exfoliants per year (I’m currently using up this one & this one). This one by Dior is definitely a keeper. No irritation at all! Seriously, I’ve always had irritation with bead-y exfoliantes. After using this one my skin looked, well, exfoliated and brightened. I can’t ask for much more! I’d say I’ll use it weekly, but I’ll probably just be whenever I remember to.
- Evian Large Mineral Water Spray (3/5) – I’m embarrassed to have bought this, and I’m even more embarrassed to be keeping it. This is a spray bottle with a fine mist. Its water, that’s it. Refreshing during a long night on call.
- NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Isola Bella (3.5/5) – This is nice. I was looking for a non-drying nude-ish color and this fits the bill. It goes on smooth and stays on for a while. Its not glossy nor matte. Expensive, but should last a while. Ugh, I hate having to sharpen, though.
What products are you loving right now?