Hats are essential in Wisconsin. Every year I grab a new hat early in the fall/winter season (and maybe another during end-of-the-season sales). I’m usually an online shopper, but for hats, I think in-store shopping is extremely helpful. About half of my hats are in-store buys. Below are a few of the hats I’ve bought for the last couple years (newest on left, oldest on right).
- Neutral color. I want it go go with as much as possible. I love tans, ivories, blacks and khakis.
- Warm fabric… it gets cold here!! I usually go with wool or a wool blend. If I’m lucky, it’ll be lined with some nice fleece or something!
- Texture. This adds a little extra interest to the hat. It also makes it harder to see any dirt (could just be a shadow…)
- Price. Hats don’t need to be super pricy to look cute and keep your head warm! I have some price-conscious pics at the bottom 🙂 I’m really coveting #8!
Style Pro’s and Con’s:
- This is the warmest hat I own. I got it a few years back at backcountry.com. I was sold after I found out that it was fully lined in plush fleece!!
- I also love that the hat looks adorable with wavy or straight hair. Long or short.
- I get some pretty sexy hat-hair with this one. I definitely have to take a peek in a mirror after removing it.
- The thing that drew me to this hat last year is that its something different and a little more unique. It has an innocent, European vibe to it.
- It doesn’t really touch most of my head, so I don’t have to worry about messing up my hair much.
- Looks super cute with wavy hair and decent with straight locks.
- This hat is a pain in the butt to put on, definitely not a throw-and-go kinda hat. I have to make sure my hair is parted, put the hat on, and adjust is until it looks ok. It also like to move around, so I have to frequently adjust it.
**The Visor Cap**
- Love, love, love the look of this hat! Its adorable and super easy to throw on!! And it stays in place.
- Minimal hat-hair here.
- It blocks the bright winter sun… no, I’m not kidding 😉 I hate that the sun always seems to be at eye level!
- I’ve yet to try this one out with wavy hair, so I’m not sure how that would look.