I figured I’d do a formal review for the Viv Patent Flats since I finally got a chance to wear them the other day!
- Sizing: I sized up to a 6.5 for these (I’m a tts 6). I also took a 6.5 in the Mona’s and the Valentina’s (love both of those!). They are perfect in this size. Just a quick thing to note: these seem to run a slight bit longer and a bit wider in the ball of foot/ toe area than the past season’s Viv’s.
- Color. This nude color is perfect. I like that its a little darker than the usual nude shoe. It goes with everything.
- Style. I’ve been looking for a pretty pointy toe flat for a long time, and these are about as good as it gets in this price range. They are really flattering on the foot.
- Quality. Well made, typical of most J. Crew leather shoes. Leather upper and leather lining. Slightly cushioned insole.
- Comfort. These are much more comfy than I thought they’d be. I thought that they would take at least a few wears to break in, but that really wasn’t the case. On the first wear they were comfy for about 8 hours. At the end of about 10 hours I had a little bit of rubbing on my right heel (my right foot is slightly bigger than my left), but nothing that I felt the next day. No blisters or painful rubbing.
- Price. These are pricy. I think most J. Crew shoes are a little bit over-priced. These are $188. I got them during the 25% off sale and used the student discount for the extra 15% off. They came out to about $120 plus tax.
- Durability. Historically, J. Crew shoes have not held up as well as I would like. It may be partly because I wear them very often. For these, I anticipate that the toes will get quite worn because I will scuff them when I walk (although not a problem thus far), and the patent leather will become wrinkled.
Overall: Love them. I’ll see if I can get them in the pretty mirror version during the next big sale!