I don’t think that many of us can legitimately claim that we “have nothing to wear,” but it does feel like that sometimes. Below are my 8 summer wishlist items. These are items that will really fill a void in my closet, and will help me re-mix items I already own.
- Cardigans that provide some interest– The ones on my wishlist are a classic & subdued floral pattern and a black and white stripe. These will be perfect for cool summer nights (or the freezing cold work environment, if I want to be realistic), and will transition perfectly into fall.
- Basic button down shirts– I didn’t know how versatile these were until recently, but I’ve come to realize that my wardrobe is truly lacking in this area. I’m lusting over a blue stripe, a soft pink, J. Crew’s polka dot chambray, and a plain white. Also perfect for layering under sweaters when it starts to cool off!!
- Black silky blouse– I posted a gorgeous black blouse here, but ended up having to return it because the damage was greater than stated and I just could not fix it. I’m thinking of getting the same one here if I cant find a similar one for cheaper. I can think of so many ways to wear it!!
- Simple maxi dress– After falling in love with this maxi skirt, I decided to give the maxi dress a try. I’ve already picked one up from Ebay (for $28) in a deep green color and am in the process of hemming and altering it. One thing I love about the maxi dress is the ability to wear it well into the fall just by throwing a chunky cardigan, sweater or scarf over it!!
- Colorful pumps– Maybe just a touch of color would do. I don’t think I’m ready for any crazy neon yellow or anything, but these are certainly in my ballpark!! I hope these will go on sale one day.
- Chunky scarves– Oh, how I adore scarves. I’ve been wearing them all the time. I love their casual, yet totally chic vibe. I’m hoping to get an ivory or beige, and then some fun patterns and colors. Lusting over those DVF ones!!
- Comfy loafers– Comfy flats are a must, especially the day after you decided to wear those slightly-too-tall heels all day long. Ouch. Been there. I love the super cheap Matt Bernson pair I scored a while back, and just managed to pick up some sale Frye loafers, too!! These will look great with pants or shorts, and are actually perfect for all seasons.
- Blouse or dress in a bold pattern– I’d say 95% of my closet consists of solid prints, and of those, 85% are in a very neutral color. This is the perfect setup for adding a bold patterned dress or blouse to the mix and softening it up with one of those neutral cardigans!
I hope this was a little helpful!! I certainly had fun thinking of the ways to increase the versatility of my wardrobe without spending a whole ton!! I’ll post what I get along the way, and will post an end-of-summer reflection, of course!