|Frye Carmen Harness Boot; Frye Veronica Slouch Boot; Frye Fiona 3 Strap Boot; Frye Vicki Braided Boot|
Last year I went through a significant boot fetish with Frye in particular. I bought and sold/ returned about 10 pairs All I have left are:
- two pairs of Frye boots (gray Carmen Harness, and brick Braided Vicki)
- one pair of old Victoire boots (black/ low heel) from overstock.com
- one pair of Borne boots (brown/ low heel) from DSW’s summer clearance
All of my boots are knee-high. I’ve tried the ankle and calf height boots, but they just seem to make me look shorter, so I think I’ll stick with more knee height ones. Has anyone found a flattering boot height other than to the knee?
My concern for the fall is being able to wear boots professionally. I’ll be working so much that it’ll be a waste to buy any boots that can only be worn once or twice per week. This is definitely going to be a challenge for me as I only wore boots with skinny jeans. What do you wear them with? Leggings? Sweater Dresses?
Here are my Frye picks so far for this fall (other brands to come!):
- Frye Harlow Campus. I love the look of these. They look like they can easily be dressed up or down. They’re getting great reviews for comfort and quality. These are definitely on the top of my list. Too bad I missed them on 6pm, where they’re now $157!!
- Frye Miranda Back Zip. These are a simple, classy boot. I love the red color and the fact that they have a back zip (easy on/off!). The detail at the top is also very cute, and I image very flattering. They’re also getting great reviews.
- Frye Sarah Over-the-knee. I love the taupe color of these especially. The style of them is beautiful and the heel height seems perfect. I’m a bit worried that they’ll be too tall in the shaft, so I’ll have to make sure to compare them to other boots I own.
- Frye Dorado Low. I’ve been looking at these for forever and have yet to get them, mostly due to the price. They look like the most comfy, stylish flat boots I could imagine. They also come in some great colors!
- Frye Taylor Over-the-knee. The beautiful mustard color is what got me on these. The simple, classic style makes it very wearable. I guess I would have to determine if I’m fashionable enough to wear such a statement boot… Perhaps I’ll just look from a distance 🙂